Are you looking to make a difference and give back to your community, while feeling personally satisfied and appreciated for your skills? The Drayton Valley Community Foundation is now accepting resumes for Board of Director positions for 2019 appointment.
The Drayton Valley Community Foundation’s mission is to build a vibrant community by connecting gifts of energy, ideas, time and money to the needs and opportunities of Drayton Valley and area. We are looking for individuals who can work with the current Board of Directors to achieve our mission and make a difference in our community today and into the future.
The Board of Directors is the governing body of the Community Foundation. This includes providing leadership, establishing policies and providing guidance to the Executive Director and other volunteers. The Board of Directors is chosen with a wide array of skills and experience who are committed to building long term success in our community. Currently, the Community Foundation is looking for a an individual to serve as a Board Director. Individuals with experience in marketing and fundraising would be considered an asset to the Community Foundation.
- Director’s act in a position of trust for the community and is responsible for the effective governance of the organization. Responsibilities include:
- Embrace the Foundation movement and direction of the Community Foundation
- Be willing to embrace the Foundation’s mission of philanthropic leadership in the community and support its objectives in asset building and grantmaking
- Having a positive reputation within the community and his or her profession
- Serve on one of more committees
- Actively support fund development and fund development activities
- Commit approximately 10 hours per month for board meetings, committee meetings and other requirements that may arise
Board members shall be appointed to the Board for a term of 3 years and can hold up to 2 consecutive terms.
Please submit your resume via email to email@example.com highlighting your skills and community experience, plus a brief statement regarding what you feel you can do to further the goals of the Foundation by Friday, November 23, 2018.
To learn more, please contact:
Erin Luc, Executive Director